The health benefits of Olive Oil are unrivaled and as part of the Mediterranean diet is an essential dietary staple for some of the world’s healthies and longest living populations.
Below just 7 benefits of this nectar of the gods but research reveals more benefits nearly every day:
- Olive Oil is very high in monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFAs) that are considered a healthy dietary fat, as opposed to saturated fats and trans fats.
- Olive Oil is a good source of antioxidants with vitamins E and K that can protect the body from oxygen-free radicals.
- Recent studies indicate that regular consumption of Olive Oil can help decrease both systolic and diastolic blood pressure.
- A diet rich in olive oil may actually be able to slow down the aging of the heart.
- Olive Oil supplementation was found to positively affect the thickness of bones.
- People whose diets are high in trans fats may have a higher risk of depression, compared with those whose diets are rich in mono and polyunsaturated fats.
- A team of scientists at the Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona in Spain found a key mechanism by wich virgin olive oil protects the body against breast cancer, in contrast to other vegetable oils.
So you can promote healthy eating habits for you and your family by making Due Maestà Extra Virgin Olive Oil a delicious, nutritious addition to your diet!
Stay tuned to know the history of Olive Oil!